Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Confidence #5

Confidence is creating an opinion and expressing it with words and actions. Almost every day we argue at least once. It's human to fight. When we fight we create an opinion and express it with confidence. We stick with our side of the story and convince ourselves that we are right. Our brain tends to block out the other persons opinion and make us think that they are wrong. We choose to ignore the nagging. When we win an argument we can find ourselves signing in relief. Scientists use split brain patients to express this. 
Hi, myself can relate to the situation. I am human therefore I fight with other people. My family, friends, everybody at some point of another. A really good example would be fighting with my sister. There will always be some sort of rivalry between us so when I win an argument it just makes it that much better. We find ourselves both getting pretty heated about the topic and strongly expressing our different opinions. After much debate we and up getting to the bottom of it. Usually I lose because my sisters older but when I when I when I feel on top of the world. That's sigh of relief, that everything I worked for and argued for is finally right proven to be correct. It is arguably one of the best feelings. Jonah Lehrer uses situations that usually anyone can relate to on a daily basis to make situations more understandable and more relatable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment